In virtually each country world wide cremation rates are increasing. Some steadily, whilst other countries have significant growth
So what is creating this change- key factors are cited as
- The shortage of land in the world’s major cities is driving up land prices and hence the cost of burials. This makes the financial decision easy for many people: they simply cannot afford the higher cost of burial.
- Changes in religious views are reflecting the underlying economic and ecological reality
- Changes in social structure of families and communities mean that there is less demand for permanent monuments to visit
- Environmental consciousness is increasing for all life’s choices and products
- Emission regulations are increasing and more demanding
- Government mandating of cremation is increasing in highly populated areas
- Aesthetic improvements and increased services in cremation facilities
What do you believe is driving the change?